What’s new recently on this Website
This page is a summary of recent updates, updated whenever new information is added to the website. Follow the links to find the full information.
This should save you having to keep looking in different places to see what’s changed.
Run a Successful Club is a series of FREE workshops for club officers or other members involved in any aspect of running their club. The first session is Deliver a Programme, aimed at anyone doing a Programme Secretary role took place on Wed 13th Oct and was very well received. Please could clubs send at least one representative to each of the remaining 5 workshops.
New area bank details – see Area News, Treasurers, Flower Arranger Orders and booking forms for any area events currently Wichtelmann Workshop, Christmas Fabulousness Workshop.
Anyone who has BB&O Area Bank details set up on their internet banking app will need to update these details.
Account Name: BB&O Area of NAFAS
Account Number: 10281169
Sort code: 60-24-21
Details of the Area AGM on 12 November at AGM 2021
Events planned for 2022 are listed on Area Events
Autumn Zoom Workshops
See Online Events for details of the Autumn Online Workshop programme.
Celebration Teas – September and October
See Area Events for details of three afternoon tea events (one in each of our counties) to celebrate easing of COVID restrictions and our belated diamond anniversary.
Updates June 2021
Zoom workshops planned for 6/13th July and 22/29th July. See Online Events
Blenheim Palace Flower Show is going ahead 25-27 July.
Updates May 2021
See Within Our Area for information relating to the Blenheim Palace Flower Show 25-27 June, and the Area Boat Trip on 21 July.
BBandO Show Tips for those staging and exhibiting at competitive shows.
Opportunity to learn basic teaching skills – see Basic Teaching Course Letter 2021-05-14
Request for stewards at Blenheim Palace Flower Show 25-27 June 2021. See stewards letter June 2021
Updates April 2021
See Surrey Area for details of the ‘Crest of a Wave’ Show at RHS Wisley, 7-12 September 2021. There are 8 classes and no floral foam is to be used in any exhibit. Entries are open to all affiliated members of NAFAS so please consider entering.
See NAFAS Events for the schedule, application form and more details of the competitive show being organised by Mig Kimpton at Blenheim Palace Flower Show : 25-27 June 2021. Please consider entering this show. The Area will be looking for help with stewarding shortly
Updates March 2021
See Online Events for the Zooming out of Lockdown programme of online events: one workshop and two free talks in May and June.
Updates Feb 2021
- See Online Events for details of the April/May BB&O Online events programme.
- See Photo Events for information about taking better photos, and opportunities for clubs to book Jenny Langton to deliver her Zoom presentation ‘Taking Better Photos of your Designs’.
- See Guidelines, Policies and Processes for recently updated guidelines on club survival, and in particular guidelines for clubs on how to survive 2021 and 2022, and a template simple club constitution,
- See Guidelines, Policies and Processes for guidelines for clubs on data protection. An updated BB&O Data Protection Policy will be available shortly
- See Forms for updated Data Protection Agreement Form for all area and club contacts, and updated Club Record Form
Updates Jan 2021
New events in Spring 2021
See NAFAS News for details of the NAFAS Virtual Show in April 2021.
Recently announced events starting November 2020
See Online Events for details of the following:
- Wessex and Jersey Christmas Videos – free online videos on 5 consecutive Saturdays starting 21st November
- Gill McGregor Christmas Cheers and Creativity Demonstrations – About 25 sessions starting 15th November – £7/session
- Christmas with NAFAS – videos from ECT
- NAFAS Virtual Show in April 2021
See Photo Events for details of the BB&O Tis the Season virtual flower festival, and the NAFAS Chairman’ Challenge
NAFAS have issued NAFAS Zoom Guidelines ver1.2 201117 which is an alternative to the guidelines which BB&O published in October: BBandO Zoom Guide for Participants and BBandO Zoom Guide for Organisers
Post AGM Updates
- Autumn Antics winners and Area Trophy winners are listed on the Area News page
- Information about the ‘Tis the Season’ virtual flower festival are on the Area News and Area Photo Events pages
- Contact pages for the Area Media Team and Area JDSE Team have been updated
- The Affiliation fee form accessible via the Treasurers and Forms pages has been updated to reflect the agreed affiliation fees for 2021
Significant Improvements in November 2020
There is a new Home page introducing clearer and more visually pleasing links to the key sections of this website,
The News section (of which this page is a part) has been split into a number of different pages making it easier to find news specific to separate organisations: BB&O, NAFAS and Other Organisations. The Newsletter Service page is subsection within News and includes the registration form and back copies of the electronic newsletters, including the most recent November 2020 Newsletter. Old news, including for example, winners of past shows, can be found it the Archive News section.
There is a new Search facility on the menu bar which allows case insensitive searching.
The Whats On menu has been reinstated and includes
- Online Events which lists all area and club Zoom demonstrations and workshops
- Area Photo Events which gives details of the area photo projects organised by the area during the COVID crisis
- Beyond our Area – 2021 which include dates and links for major national events
Details regarding the Zoom 2020 AGM on 13th November are on the 2020 AGM page.
The Publications menu has been changed to include details of all publications on one page. The Publications submenus have been removed, but it is easy to jump to sections within the page. This page includes details about how to order NAFAS 2021 diaries
The Links menu has been changed to include all links on one page. The Links submenus have been removed, but it is easy to jump to sections within the page.