Key responsibilities for a Club Secretary normally include:
- Assembling the Agenda for Committee Meetings (in conjunction with the Chairman), taking minutes at the meetings, and distributing the agenda and minutes to the Committee
- Sending and receiving information from the BB&O Area Secretary, and ensuring this information is passed on to other committee members and, where appropriate, to club members.
- Maintaining a list of club members with relevant contact details, ideally with email addresses
- Ensuring the Area Secretary is kept up-to-date with all administrative information relating to the club.
- Booking (often in conjunction with the Treasurer and/or Chairman) venues for meetings and other events
- In many clubs the Secretary will keep members up-to-date with forthcoming events via a Newsletter or email.
Club Record Form and Data Protection
Details of Club Officers are held on BB&O and NAFAS databases for administration purposes. Club Secretaries are required to submit a BB&O Club Record Form 2018 whenever there are changes, and at least annually following their AGM. This form defines how the data will be used in accordance with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The form may be returned by post or via email to BB&O Area Secretary. If sending by email, please use the Subject CLUB UPDATE.
Details of the club officer whose contact information is published on the club pages of this website should be submitted annually using BBandO Data Protection Club Contacts on Web Agreement Form and should be emailed from their email address to Media Officer and Area Secretary.
The following additional guidelines from NAFAS may be downloaded and printed 2 pages/sheet and folded to form a booklet