For information about management in the BB&O Area see Area Management
Clubs are managed according to their own constitution by their elected committee, usually consisting of a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Programme Secretary, plus any other roles deemed appropriate. With the increasing difficulty in finding volunteers to serve on a committee there is a tendency in many clubs for one person to hold more than one office, although it is not advisable for the same person to be Chairman and Treasurer. In many clubs a role may be shared by more than one person – two heads are better than one!
Many clubs have a President whose role is to act as a figurehead for the club, advising officers when asked. The President would not normally attend committee meetings unless invited by the Chairman, but would normally chair the AGM.
Club details (name, meeting times, venue, number of members etc) plus contact details for Club Officers are maintained by the Area Secretary on the BB&O area database. These details are also passed to NAFAS. Please see the Secretary page for details of the importance and process for maintaining the area database.
Clubs need to define their own policy and processes to demonstrate how the comply with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). BBandO Data Protection Guidelines for Clubs provides help on how this may be achieved.
Details of the club officer whose contact information is published on the club pages of this website should be submitted annually. See the Secretary and Media Officers pages for the relevant form and process.
CLUB OFFICERS DAY
A Club Officers Day (COD) is held approximately every three years to assist Club Officers and provide a forum for learning and discussion. Notes from the last COD held on Thursday 16th March 2017, including the PowerPoint presentation can be found at 2017 Club Officers Day Notes.
The NAFAS guidelines listed below may be viewed on the Members Area of the NAFAS website, but you need to ask the Area Secretary for the password to access this area. Some of the guidelines may be downloaded.
NAFAS Club Management Guidelines
- NAFAS Organising a Flower Club Part 1
- NAFAS Organising a Flower Club Part 2
- NAFAS Organising a Flower Club Part 3
NAFAS Safety Guidelines
- NAFAS Guidelines for Risk Management
- NAFAS Risk Assessment Form
- NAFAS Health and Safety Guidelines for Events
- NAFAS Guidelines for Food & Hygiene
- NAFAS Catering at Events
- NAFAS Lifting and Manual Handling
- NAFAS First Aid
- NAFAS Fire Safety
- NAFAS Fire Safety Risk Assessment
NAFAS and BB&O Club Survival and Expansion Guidelines
- BB&O Guidelines – club survival
- BB&O Guidelines – converting visitors to members
- NAFAS Membership Recruitment Drive
- NAFAS History
- NAFAS Benefits of Membership
NAFAS Guidelines for speaking – Introductions and Vote of Thanks
- Introduction – NAFAS YouTube Video
- Introductions – Guidelines
- Vote of Thanks – NAFAS You Tube Video
- Vote of Thanks and Oops The difficult Vote of thanks – Guidelines for doing a vote of thanks