Teacher Training Course starting 19 October
Places are still available on the NAFAS/OCN Teacher Training Course which starts 19 October 2019 at Crowmarsh Gifford.. For information email Irene Manson or phone 0118 947 0737.
Area Workshops at Woodley and Stony Stratford
Application form and worksheet for the workshop at Stony Stratford on 14th September are now available.
There are still a few places left on the workshop at Woodley on 17th August
For more information see Area Workshops
BB&O Successes at the NAFAS Diamond Show
Congratulations to the following BB&O members :
- Sandie Draper (our newest area demonstrator) was First in Class 1 – Shaped by Nature
- Jane Belcher was Second in Class 14 – Suspense
- Shirley Sexton was Very Highly Commended in Class 10 – Frills and Spills
- Jane Haas was Highly Commended in Class 14 – Suspense
- Sally Hardy and Linda Dawson (Phoenix Design) were Commended in Class 5 – Arabesque
- Pera Dean was Commended in Class 21 – European Master
- Jayne King was Commended in Class 23 – Diamond Dazzler
Our Area Chairman, Alison Mount, is representing us in Timeless Beauty – the Designer of the Year competition. She staged a pedestal and hanging design the first day. On the second day she is staging a petite and still life. If she gets through this round she will have to stage an imposed class on the final day. Good luck Alison.
Photos will be available shortly
Follow these links to recent updates on this website
- Local Events: Waterperry Gardens flower festival 21-22 Sep
- Local Events: Winter Flora Tales by Mig Kimpton 29 Nov in Maidenhead
- NAFAS 2019 Christmas Cards order information – Admin/Publications Officers
- If programme secretaries would like to collect Blue Forms at the Sep council meeting please email Area Secretary BEFORE 26th August. See Admin/Programme Secretaries for more information
- 2019 Club Charity Donations form – see Admin/Treasurers
- 2019 Club Awards form – see Admin/Secretaries
- 2020 form for receiving printed copies of area council meetings – see Admin/Area Management
Results at Blenheim Palace Flower Show
Congratulations to the following on their special awards:
Best in Show: Alison Mount in Class 8 – Illusions
Runner-up to Best in Show: Maidenhead Flower Club in Class 1 – The Big Top
Best Use of Colour: Jane Belcher in Class 6 – Flying Trapeze
Best Use of Foliage: Jan Gregory in Class 2 – In the Spotlight
Best Interpretation: Maidenhead Flower Club in Class 1 – The Big Top
Judges Choice: Jane Belcher in Class 8 – Illusions
Flower Arranger Award: Catherine Lee in Class 3 – Clowning Around
BB&O Area Cup for Photograhy: Patricia Anchors in Class 10 – In the Spotlight
People’s Choice for Imposed class: Lynda Ayris
For a full list of results see 2019 Blenheim Palace Flower Show Results
Recent updates on the website
- Area Events – outline information for the AGM and the 2020 Area Day, plus updates re Blenheim
- Local Events – Berkshire Show and some other local show schedules
- Beyond our Area – Details of the Shrewsbury show – clubs can get financial help for entering the club class
- NAFAS and WAFA Events – Extra information about the Diamond Show, including the coach booking form. Also informaton and links regarding WAFA India
- Club Special Events – details of forthcoming club special event
- Area Workshops – Dates, worksheets and application forms for forthcoming workshops
- Other Learning Opportunities and Club Practical Sessions – links and summaries of learning opportunities in addition to area workshops
- Focal Points – PDF of the Summer edition
- Photos – new photo albums
Successes at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
Congratulations to the following on their awards at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- Jane Belcher from Oxford Flower Club, BB&O Teachers Association and Greys Flora achieved Gold in Class D, Silhouette
- Gillian Harries and Barbara Hunt from Newbury Floral Society achieved Silver Gilt in Class C, Diamond Days
- Susie Barwick and Sandie Draper from Phoenix Design achieved Silver Gilt in Class C, Diamond Days
- Angela Edmonds from Oxford Flower Club and Greys Flora achieved Silver Gilt in Class C, Diamond Days
- Melissa Fletcher from Abingdon Flower Club achieved Bronze in Class C, Diamond Days
- Theresa Rodrigues (one of our area demonstrators) achieved Silver in Class B, Avant Garde
- Shirley Sexton from Caversham & Chiltern Flower Club and Greys Flora achieved Bronze in Class B, Avant Garde
Successes at RHS Malvern Spring Show
Congratulations to the following on their awards at RHS Malvern:
- Angela Edmonds from Oxford Flower Club and Greys Flora achieved Silver in Class 2, View from a Window
- Stephanie Peniket (one of our trainee demonstrators) from Gerrards Cross Flower Club achieved 3rd in Class 6, Kaleidoscope
- Barbara Bowman from Oxford Flower Club achieved Very Highly Commended in Class 7, Pop Art
- Marion Daleki was awarded 1st for her miniature and 3rd for her petite
- Jan Gregory was awarded 1st for her entry in the craft clss.
Highlights from A Night at the Movies
What an amazing day was had by all on Friday 22nd March. Many thanks to Alison, Irene, Jane, Frances and everyone else who contributed to making it such a success.
The fist batch of photos are now on the area Movie Night Album, more to follow when Mary returns from holiday.
The competition winners were:
Fit for a Diva:-Judge’s Choice – Angela Edmonds from Oxford FC. People’s Choice – Shirley Sexton from Caversham & Chiltern FC.
Ice Cream Sundae:-Judge’s Choice – Catherine Lee from Wantage FC. People’s Choice – Pat Chermside from Royal WIndsor.
After a tie-breaker involving 5 competitors the winner of the Movie Quiz was Jenny Horton. Download 2019 Movies Quiz Answers if you would like to see the answers. Please contact Irene Manson if you would like to borrow the quiz sheets for club or family events.
After the success of the Footsteps Flower Festival several people commented it would be a good idea to produce cards with some of the images. The first packs of cards (reference DORCHESTER-1) are now available in pack of 6 cards with envelopes for £4. These will be on sale at all area events in the foreseeable future, or can be ordered by emailing BB&O Trading.
For archive 2018 News see News 2018
For archive 2017 News see News 2017