Key responsibilities for a Club Treasurer normally included:
- Managing club finances by receiving income and paying bills via appropriate use of bank accounts. On-line banking may be used if agreed by the committee
- Ensuring financial viability of the club and report current status regularly to the rest of the committee
- Keeping proper records of money coming into and out of the club
- Arranging for the club accounts to be checked and certified annually by a competent independent examiner and presenting these to the club AGM
- Ensure affiliation fees are paid to the Area Treasurer annually by 31st March
The 2019 Affiliation letter must be sent by the end of March to Area Treasurer, Alison Vacher. Details of how/where to send payment by post or electronically are included on the form.
Affiliation fees payable by end March 2019 include:
NAFAS fee = £5.85 or 10p for juniors
BB&O fee = £4
Total fee: £9.85 (including Honorary Members)
When paying NAFAS judges, demonstrators, speakers or teachers the programme secretary should have a record of the contract on Part B of the Blue Form. This should be passed to the treasurer at the time of payment. For more information on the Blue Form Process please see Club Programme Secretaries. Reference should be made to NAFAS Mileage Rates from January 2015 when paying judges, demonstrators, speakers and teachers. If the cost of fuel should fall below £1.31p per litre, NAFAS recommends that the HMRC approved rate of 45p per mile, is the minimum offered to and claimed by presenters.
More information for Treasurers may be found in the following downloadable NAFAS documents:
NAFAS – The Role of the Club Treasurer – this may be printed 2 pages per sheet and folded to form an A5 booklet.
NAFAS Club Annual Financial Health Check
NAFAS Awards for All (print double-sided, or single sheets placed back-to-back, and fold to form an A5 leaflet)
NAFAS Supplement for Awards for All
NAFAS Insurance Guidelines