The key responsibilities of a Club Chairman are:
- Ensure the club functions as a whole
- Chair both Club and Committee Meetings
- Be the spokesperson for the club
- Be the channel for passing on communication with NAFAS, Area managements, club members and the general public.
For more information see The Role of the Club Chairman
The Chairman would normally attend Area Council Meetings on behalf of the club, but may send another delegate instead. The Chairman must pass information that is sent either on paper or electronically on to members of the committee and/or club members as appropriate.
The Chairman should be aware of all information that is available on the Area Management and Club Management pages, as well as the key components of the other committee roles, in particular:
NAFAS Guidelines for speaking – Introductions and Vote of Thanks
Club chairmen are responsible for arranging someone to introduce and than demonstrators. The following NAFAS guidelines provide help on how to do this.
- Introduction – NAFAS YouTube Video
- Introductions – Guidelines
- Vote of Thanks – NAFAS You Tube Video
- Vote of Thanks and Oops The difficult Vote of thanks – Guidelines for doing a vote of thanks
- Looking after your Voice – NAFAS You Tube Video